Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Friday, December 21, 2012

Career Exploration with Young Adults at Covenant House

Yesterday was truly a remarkable, uplifting sort of day visiting the young adults at the Covenant House.  I went in not really knowing what to expect, not really knowing how I can be of any impact to these young adults...

but perspective changes as the wheels of life are turned & interesting things begin to unfold...

Many of these youths are a lot like you & I. They have dreams, goals & aspirations. They live in a society built where sometimes it is more difficult to reach that latter of success so many envision.  Wanting so much more from their lives & striving to get there. 

The purpose of the workshop was for the Volunteers to share their own personal experiences with life, career, family & offer some level of guidance to these young adults in sharing with them the things we learned & picked up along the way. Helping them to prepare for the next chapter of their lives.

This is where my anxiety kicked in.. (internally)..

heart racing..
adrenaline pumping...

OMGGG I am expected to speak in front of a large group of people & I have no clueeee what I am to share.

But then something happened..

They spoke..

There words were spoken...

And that is when it dawned on me, that I am no different than any one of these people in the room.  Not any of the young adults or the volunteers. 

Universally we are all the same....

That didn't stop my heart from racing at the idea of speaking in front of these group of people.  And it certainly didn't stop the sweat from wanting to pierce out from my skin...

Bigger Picture...

When it came time for me to Share my own experiences, the words just like a fountain oozed from my mouth. And they LISTENED...

They observed..
They were intrigued...
And they found me to be relatable...

They naturally gravitated towards me, like sheep to a Sheperd

In some capacity we all share some level of hardships, some more severe than others. But at the end of it all many of our experiences help to mold us into the people we CHOOSE to become.  Many of these young adults carried with them a sense of hope and optimisim that their futures would be bright.  But then there were also the few that behind their sad eyes, existed fear of the unknown & true fear of what they do already know, which is LIFE for them is hard.  And unfortunately for many of them, life is harder than most. 

Every story different..
Stories to be told...
and many stories left unsaid...

Meeting with these youths brought back into my realm of existence how easily it is for ALL to become lost...

feeling forgotten...

And my being able to become an outlet for them with self expression, relateability & positivity is truly a remarkable thing!!!

Remarkable!

Euphoric!!

I stepped into the Covenant House afraid of the unknown, but I left the Covenant House sure of who I was, and what I am meant to be for those who like many others, just need A light to Shine their way!!!

Blessings to you ALL <3 nbsp="nbsp">


Featured Post - Available NOW on AMAZON!

CELESTIAL WHISPERS 3 : POST MERCURY RETROGRADE

🌟 Explore thee post-Mercury Retrograde landscape with the latest episode of Celestial Whispers with me, Enchantress Thee Babbler! As we st...

About Me

My photo
Welcome, dear wanderer, to a realm where enchantment weaves its spell around every word and every corner. You have stepped into ENCHANTING BABBLE, a sanctuary of thoughts, dreams, and whimsy that has been casting its magic since 2009. Here, time is but a doorway to endless inspiration. Venture as far back as you wish, for each post is a stepping stone on a path of wonder. From the mystical musings of ENCHANTING BABBLE to the captivating allure of ENCHANTING REAL ESTATE, our newest addition in 2024, there is a treasure trove waiting for you. Feel the pull of destiny? Follow the trail of stardust by subscribing to this blog, and whisper a hello when you do. There are no mere coincidences in this enchanted world; if you find yourself here, it is the magic of the universe that has woven our paths together. May our bond flourish in the garden of love, and may joy bloom as you embark on this journey with me. Dive into the depths of over a thousand posts, each a portal to another realm of possibility. So, take my hand, dear traveler, and let’s open every door to the extraordinary. Welcome to ENCHANTING BABBLE, where the magic is just beginning.