Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Reflections of a Journey: Then and Now


 


The woman in this photo was in her mid-20s, not yet 30. Now, in my 40s, I look back at her & see a journey of profound transformation. Yes, she was me – but she wasn’t ALL of me (& all of me is an infinite discovery - I see - but she didn’t know that yet  ) She was a mere shell, frozen in time by the illusion of fear, caged by unresolved trauma, hiding behind a mask, playing pretend for the world, keeping up appearances with thee Joneses. (I’ve never seen that show btw- if it was even a show 🤷🏽‍♀️) anyways… What you couldn’t see in her eyes was the torment she buried, the chains of silence she wore. She was conscious of everything around her but completely invisible to herself, a soul lost in thee haze of its own unresolved pain.


Back then, I thought that hiding the truth would somehow protect me, that if I revealed what was really happening, the fragile facade I’d built would crumble. Little did I know, the real disability was living a life disconnected from my own essence. Because the unseen is often the most important work to be done. Excavating those shadows and bringing them to light is the only way to find the balance between what is hidden and what is seen.


The woman I am now would tell her, “Hey you… wake the fuck up. This life, this change you desire? It’s yours to create. Your time is always now.”


This journey has transformed me in ways only I could do for myself. And while the path was far from easy, every step led me to the freedom of standing in my truth, no longer shackled by fear, no longer hiding behind illusion.


“The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.” – Carl Jung


With love,

@Enchantress

@EnchantressTheeBabbler YouTube 

@AlchemysticPoetess TikTok 

Enchanting Babble on Blogger 


#SelfDiscovery #Growth #HealingJourney #OvercomingTrauma #Authenticity #BeTheChange #Wisdom #Empowerment #SelfLove #Awakening #EmotionalHealing #InnerStrength #Rebirth #ShadowWork #Truth #SelfAwareness #PersonalGrowth #SoulJourney #Freedom #Becoming #SpiritualEvolution #throwback #NoFilter #OldSchoolPhotoS #FluidIsTheWriterInMe #Set #Free #DifferenceBetweenBeingAGirlVsWoman


Ps: that’s probably the last time I wore jeans too 😂

No comments:

Featured Post - Available NOW on AMAZON!

Whispers of Healing Oracle

  “Intention setting is a powerful tool for improving your energy and healing levels. When you focus your thoughts and actions with purpose,...

About Me

My photo
Welcome, dear wanderer, to a realm where enchantment weaves its spell around every word and every corner. You have stepped into ENCHANTING BABBLE, a sanctuary of thoughts, dreams, and whimsy that has been casting its magic since 2009. Here, time is but a doorway to endless inspiration. Venture as far back as you wish, for each post is a stepping stone on a path of wonder. From the mystical musings of ENCHANTING BABBLE to the captivating allure of ENCHANTING REAL ESTATE, our newest addition in 2024, there is a treasure trove waiting for you. Feel the pull of destiny? Follow the trail of stardust by subscribing to this blog, and whisper a hello when you do. There are no mere coincidences in this enchanted world; if you find yourself here, it is the magic of the universe that has woven our paths together. May our bond flourish in the garden of love, and may joy bloom as you embark on this journey with me. Dive into the depths of over a thousand posts, each a portal to another realm of possibility. So, take my hand, dear traveler, and let’s open every door to the extraordinary. Welcome to ENCHANTING BABBLE, where the magic is just beginning.