Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Transcending

My cousin texted me the other day this random, chain email thing – talking about the vote to legalize marijuana. Saying that if you called this phone # President Obama implied in some way that he would consider legalizing marijuana, if he received 1 million votes. And then the end of this text was that this shi** is real. Yeah ok! Imagine that! Legalizing something that would damage the pockets of so many individuals in this world – and I am not talking about drug dealers. It would be this other worldly sh**.So I would like to see that happen! But anyway, marijuana – what is so wrong with it? Why should it be illegal? What does it really do that is not any less damaging then everything else in this world? People drink, and that’s eventually no good for you either – it’s bad for the liver. Drinking is bad in many ways and we are all aware of this. But yet people still drink – and that’s legal. And let me say that people have done more stupid things in this world drunk as opposed to high. So what is the problem? I don’t know – it baffles me. Still I can’t see why some people do smoke – some people that shouldn’t but do so anyway – people who just should stay away from the drug or drugs entirely. But then reality wakes me right up and says who am I to judge? I know one of the arguments someone would raise would be to say that people get dumbed out on the drug and that’s why it’s bad – or they are killing their brain cells. But doesn’t alcohol do the same thing? On that show intervention they show people who are addicted to something and they have shown several severe alcoholics – and I mean these people are ADDICTED! They need it, they have to have it, they are sick (mentally, physically, emotionally) and some of them were even dying but yet they couldn't stop this crazy damaging addiction – so their families intervene and push them to get the help that they need. It’s a really good show – I find it fascinating. But anyways, alcohol was doing a severe and rapidly poisonous death on these people – so aren’t we contradicting ourselves by allowing one and banning another. It’s hard for me to determine on where I sway in these kind of arguments among sides stating one is more bad then the other – because it all depends. There is people who can socialize and also occasionally take part in some form of transcending from the realm of reality to another place of existence that is by far more enjoyable – or you can be one of the rarer folk who do not take part in this form of activity at all. But unless you fall into category B as the rarer of folks, you cannot be of fair judgment to decide the fate of one transcending preference over the other. That would make you a hypocrite. So, I stay impartial and remain mum.

No comments:

Featured Post - Available NOW on AMAZON!

Stretching Monologue

The body is fascinating, everything it reveals unto us if we just gave it a moment to listen to it. The things our body reveals are deep. Th...

About Me